Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas

Christmas sucks. Its the time of the year, where we work out the haves and the have nots. Please don't tell me its about some fella called Jesus. For some, its about family and friends and how much MONEY is to be spent. For others, its about contemplating suicide. I'm not sure of the figures, but I believe Christmas is the busiest time for suicide call centers. For most people, it's time off work, a huge feast, plenty of alcohol and spending time with family and friends and of course, presents, usually valued on the monetary value.

There are thousands of people, just in my corner of the world, that for whatever reason, dont have family and friends to spend time with, don't have money for fine food, or presents for people they do know and every time someone wishes them a Merry Christmas, it's like a knife through the heart, reminding them of the things they don't have.

Christmas is for the haves. Christmas sales start in October and of course Boxing day sales are just the beginning afterwards. Advertising tells us what not to be without, why our child will be sad without a certain toy. I know of single mums that spend in excess of $700 on their two year olds. For Gods sake, two year olds are happy with an empty carboard box !

On Christmas Day, some of the 'haves' go to church and pray for the 'have nots'. Some, like myself, donate their time on the day to try and make it better for the 'have nots'....but this is bullshit...because the 'have nots' are back in the same hole the next day, or the day after, trying to survive the welfare system. A lot of 'haves', donate money to far off countries to make themselves feel better. They can point to the photo on the fridge and say, "look, I'm making a difference".....eventhough they get the money back as a tax deduction !

As this is my first post, I don't want to make everyone miserable at Christmas. I want you to ask yourself....what would God do ? Would God have a society of us and them ? In latter posts, I will tell you why I am God...and so are you !

3 comments:

  1. You know my thoughts about Christmas Bob, they are almost identical to yours.

    Being nice to each other for one day of the year doesn't make up for being horrid on the other 364 days.Peace and love to all people all year round should be our goal

    ReplyDelete
  2. conversations with God?

    ReplyDelete